Health & Safety
ERREKA Automatic Doors & Shopfronts take health & safety very seriously.
ERREKA are members of CHAS, the UK’s no.1 health and safety assessment scheme. CHAS is the foremost authority on UK compliance, risk mitigation and supply chain management. CHAS accreditation verifies that our risk assessments and method statements are carried out effectively and ensures that all of our installers are working to a safe standard.
ERREKA installers are fully trained to BS EN 16005 standards and fully comply with CITB (The Construction Industry Training Board). BS EN 16005 is the European Standard that is the code of practice for the safety of automatic doors in pedestrian use. All pedestrian automatic doors installed since April 2013 should comply with the BS EN 16005.
Staying COVID-19 Secure — Coronavirus UPDATE
ERREKA UK have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and put into place new procedures to safeguard the health and safety of our staff and customers.
- We have implemented cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procuedures at our Clevedon office (in line with government guidance).
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace.
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk (including the use of masks where appropriate).
- On Site Working: installers will take all necessary precautions to comply with our COVID-19 policy (following hygiene procedures, social distancing rules and making use of masks where appropriate)
If you wish to discuss any concerns regarding health and safety during an on-site installation, please contact 01275 871787 and we will be happy to talk you through our safeguarding procedures.